This page links to my history of speaking via presentations, workshops, or other related activities. Each of the links below navigates to additional information about the particular engagement, sometimes including collateral such as slide deck, code, code links, or even video.
This lists specifically things like Meetups, conferences, workshops, and related in person events. If you’d like to join me on Twitch for coding, or check out existing videos I’ve put together check out the following events lists and available videos here:
Twitch Streams & YouTube Shows
Past Presentations, Teaching, Attending, Etc.
- Attended Velocity Conference at Software Architecture Conference @ San Jose Convention Center on June 10th-13th in San Jose, California.
- Presented “Survey of Data Tools Part 2” at Scalability in Seattle.
- Presented “Cassandra’s Got Go for Vue Mobility” at Accelerate with Cristina Veale @cristina_veale on May 21st-23rd at the Gaylord National Resort & Convetion Center in Maryland.
- Survey of Data Tools (Video) at Scalability Meetup on April 23rd in Seattle.
- TaughtCassandra Day (Day 1 or Day 2) on April 16th & 17th in Santa Clara, California.
- Architecture Guidance for Venomous Database Reliability Engineering (with video) on May 30th at DevOps Days Vancouver BC.
- Systemic Deployments (with video) listed @ Meetup on November 27th in Seattle.
- DataStax Developer Day Operations & Security in Chicago & Dallas.
- Node Systems for Node.js Services on Nodes of Systemic Nodal Systems at GOTO Chicago 2018.
- Terraforming your Development (me) + Adopting Kx Technology (Conner McNicholas) at Seattle Scalability on November 29th, 2017 in Seattle at Galvanize.
- Inception, Workflow, to $Deployed$ on November 7th, 2017 at Parametric HQ in Seattle for .NET Developers Association West Side.
- Inception, Workflow, to $Deployed$ “Removing Chaos and Noise From Your Dev Stack to GSD!” on November 6th 2017 at Redmond Microsoft Campus for the .NET Developers Association East Side in Redmond, Washington.
- Inception, Workflow, and Coding on October 12th, 2017 at the South Sound Developers Group in Olympia, Washington.
- The Joy of Coding on October 5th, 2017 at Willamette Valley Software Engineers.
- Infrastructure as Code and Containers on October 3rd, 2017 at the Microsoft Azure User Group in Seattle.
- Terraform/Packer/Atlas @ The Orange Retailer (with video)
- Moving Enterprise Practices and Development to Open Source at O’Reilly Architecture Conference in London, England.
- Building Immutably to Continuous Delivery and Minimal Inputs at O’Reilly Architecture Conference in London, England.
- Managing (or not) the Data in Immutable Infrastructure (with video) at Data Layer
- Organizing Infrastructure Config & Workflow (with video) at HashiConf 2016 in Napa, California.
- Elastic w/ Terraform, Packer, & That Immutability Magic (with video) at Elastic User Group PDX in Portland, Oregon.
- Hacking F# on Systems, Not Windows (with video) @ Dev Day in Krakow, Poland.
- TypeScript PDXTypeScript Editor Shootout (Needs link re-added, coming back soon) in Portland @ CSG Pro
- Visual Studio & .NET on OS-X, Linux, and Windows (video with login, which you can use your Twitter or other auth) in London at Progressive .NET Tutorials Conference.
- AWS + Visual Studio 2010 at South Sound Developers Group in Olympia, Washington.