This page links to my history of speaking via presentations, workshops, or other related activities. Each of the links below navigates to additional information about the particular engagement, sometimes including collateral such as slide deck, code, code links, or even video.
Presentations & Conferences
- Presenting “Survey of Database Dev Tools” Quick Talk @ Seattle Scalability on March 19th in Seattle.
- Presenting “Architecture Guidance for Venomous Database Reliability Engineering” at DevOps Days Vancouver BC on May 30th.
- ML4ALL @ Bossanova Ballroom on April 28th thru 30th in Portland, Oregon.
- Accelerate on May 21st-23rd at the Gaylord National Resort & Convetion Center in Maryland.
- Presenting “Go Trigonous Hacks for Database Reliability Engineering” in San Jose on either June 11th, 12th, or 13th.
- Velocity Conference @ San Jose Convention Center on June 10th-13th in San Jose, California.
- Systemic Deployments listed @ Meetup on November 27th in Seattle.
- DataStax Developer Day Operations & Security in Chicago & Dallas.
- Node Systems for Node.js Services on Nodes of Systemic Nodal Systems at GOTO Chicago 2018.
- Terraforming your Development (me) + Adopting Kx Technology (Conner McNicholas) at Seattle Scalability on November 29th, 2017 in Seattle at Galvanize.
- Inception, Workflow, to $Deployed$ on November 7th, 2017 at Parametric HQ in Seattle for .NET Developers Association West Side.
- Inception, Workflow, to $Deployed$ “Removing Chaos and Noise From Your Dev Stack to GSD!” on November 6th 2017 at Redmond Microsoft Campus for the .NET Developers Association East Side in Redmond, Washington.
- Inception, Workflow, and Coding on October 12th, 2017 at the South Sound Developers Group in Olympia, Washington.
- The Joy of Coding on October 5th, 2017 at Willamette Valley Software Engineers.
- Infrastructure as Code and Containers on October 3rd, 2017 at the Microsoft Azure User Group in Seattle.
- Terraform/Packer/Atlas @ The Orange Retailer (with video)
- Moving Enterprise Practices and Development to Open Source at O’Reilly Architecture Conference in London, England.
- Building Immutably to Continuous Delivery and Minimal Inputs at O’Reilly Architecture Conference in London, England.
- Managing (or not) the Data in Immutable Infrastructure (with video) at Data Layer
- Organizing Infrastructure Config & Workflow (with video) at HashiConf 2016 in Napa, California.
- Elastic w/ Terraform, Packer, & That Immutability Magic (with video) at Elastic User Group PDX in Portland, Oregon.
- Hacking F# on Systems, Not Windows (with video) @ Dev Day in Krakow, Poland.
- TypeScript PDXTypeScript Editor Shootout (Needs link re-added, coming back soon) in Portland @ CSG Pro
- Visual Studio & .NET on OS-X, Linux, and Windows (video with login, which you can use your Twitter or other auth) in London at Progressive .NET Tutorials Conference.
- AWS + Visual Studio 2010 at South Sound Developers Group in Olympia, Washington.