Yup, that’s me in a tree, hanging out on a beautiful day in Portland sporting my Amon Amarth hoodie. Don’t know who Amon Amarth is, click the image to find out. If you’re interested in contacting me, please give the list below a quick read over, and at the bottom of this page I’ve got a few requests to save us both time when contacting me!
A Little About Me:
I’m a jovial, proactive, test & code, code & test, get things done well, software architect, engineer, code monkey, coder, and distributed systems advocate. Some of the things I’ve enjoyed doing over the years.
- Founder: I’ve founded Deconstructed.io with Aaron Gray, Node PDX with Troy Howard, and .NET Fringe with a whole host of excellent people and more events are in the works.
- Messenger: Every chance I get I work to share knowledge I’ve gained over the years. Yes, I regularly have opinions and I do like to share those! From workshops, presenting, to one on one mentoring, pair programming, or directed training.
- Recon: I love seeing technologies built and technologies come together. I routinely scour the internet, engage in conversations with leaders of thoughts, and thinkers of new things, as I like to contribute where I can and am always thinking of what’s next.
Besides all that technology stuff, I dig some good coffee, great beer, wine, food and a good music show. I cycle, almost everywhere these days, don’t own a car (but I’m a car snob of the serious racing sort auto-x, tuners, drift, rally, etc), I verge on the “transit nerd” and “rail nut” category along with “plane spotter” and “exotic car driver”. I also play guitar – primarily thrashing (metal), love to prog with some Jazz, croon along with some blues, and delve into a range of musical nuances.
…and I’m sure that misses a few things, but I think it gives a good overview of where you’d usually find my mind and I.
Want to talk, chit chat, argue, discuss, debate, or otherwise communicate? These are the mediums I use. Feel free to reach out to me on any of them.
- Github >> https://github.com/Adron
- Thrashing Code Github >> https://github.com/ThrashingCode
- Twitter @Adron and past work related archived accounts: @adron_orange and @WebtrendsAdron.
- Composite Thrashing Code Blog @ compositecode.blog.
- I’m on StackOverflow. I ask a few questions, and I answer a few now and then, but I’m not really super active these days. Hopefully I can contribute a little bit more positive and useful answers to questions in the future.
- I’ve signed up for DEV Community Account >> https://dev.to/adron
- I’m also on Hashnode, a kind of question and answer for devs site.
- I’m on Reddit, Hacker News, Slashdot, DZone, CodeProject, Quora, and Hackerrank too.
- Oh, and yes, I sort of have a Medium account.
- Mastodon @adron.
Some of the conferences, meetups, and related work I’ve done include;
- .NET Fringe w/ Troy Howard (@thoward37), Glenn Block (@gblock), Byron Gerloch, and Alena Hall (@lenadroid).
- Node PDX
- Various user groups in Seattle & Portland over the years, however recent meetups I’m working with include; Cassandra User Group, Seattle Scalability, and Lifestyle Hackers, Brunchers, and Cyclists.
Read more about my work organizing, specifically on the page I’ve dedicated to keeping track of this work here.
Currently I have the following projects moving forward, slowly but steadily:
For more information on these and other projects I’ve setup a dedicated page here.
- My LinkedIn (Which has all my resume information and a lot more). Also there’s a new way LinkedIn provides a PDF for any LinkedIn user, just click on their profile and you’ll see the following.
- Do you have a job I might find interesting, just let me know here and we’ll talk. If I’m not game, I regularly know others that may be looking.
Currently I’m pretty busy delivering some sweet immutable infrastructure, actively involved in the community here in Seattle, Washington, writing a ton of polyglot code, and generally staying active. However, I’m always keen to hear about new things going on or how we might want to team up on a project or three. Contact me on Twitter @Adron or message me.