This week we just had Ryan Zhang present at the Seattle Scalability Meetup. I did a little short presentation just showing some tools that I’ve been using as of late; DataGrip, and related schema migrations and Docker containers as I work through the schema migrations. It was a solid meetup and excellent conversation after meetup, big thanks to everybody who came out to the meetup and joined us for a round of drinks, amazing cheese curds and hummus at Collin’s afterwards! It was a great meetup and looking forward to getting together again on May 28th with Guinevere (@guincodes) presenting “The PR That Wouldn’t Merge“!
In other upcoming events that I’ll be at either presenting or attending. The events I’m attending let’s get talk, I’m always interested in meeting new people and learning about you’re working on, what you’re learning, and where and what efforts are of interest to you. For the events I’m presenting at the same applies, plus I’ll be standing among all the persons and presenting whatever tidbit of knowledge I’ve come to present. Hopefully it’ll be useful and informative for you and we can continue the conversation after the presentation and we all gain more insight, ideas, and ways to move forward more productively with our respective efforts. Here’s a list of the next big meetups and conferences I’m either speaking at or attending, and hope to see and meet many of you dear \m/ readers there!
- Attending ML4ALL @ Bossanova Ballroom on April 28th thru 30th in Portland, Oregon.
- Presenting “Schema Migrations & Distributed Database Management Software Projects” in Portland on May 14th.
- Attending Accelerate on May 21st-23rd at the Gaylord National Resort & Convetion Center in Maryland.
- Presenting “Go Trigonous Hacks for Database Reliability Engineering” in San Jose on either June 11th, 12th, or 13th.
- Attending Velocity Conference and presenting at Software Architecture Conference @ San Jose Convention Center on June 10th-13th in San Jose, California.