BigML was founded in January 2011 in Corvallis, Oregon with the mission of making Machine Learning beautifully simple for everyone. We pioneered Machine Learning as a Service (MLaaS), creating our platform that effectively lowers the barriers of entry to help organizations of all industries and sizes to adopt Machine Learning.
As a local company with a mission in complete alignment with that of the conference, BigML would be delighted to partake in this first edition of ML4ALL.
“So you’ve heard of Machine Learning and are eager to make data driven decisions, but don’t know where to start? The first step is not to read all the latest and greatest research in artificial intelligence, but rather to focus on the data you have and the decisions you want to make. Fortunately, this is easier than ever because platforms like BigML have commoditized Machine Learning, providing a consistent abstraction making it simple to solve use cases across industries, no Ph.D.s required.
As a practical, jump-start into Machine Learning, Poul Petersen, CIO of BigML, will demonstrate how to build a housing recommender system. In just 30 minutes, he will cover a blend of foundational Machine Learning techniques like classification, anomaly detection, clustering, association discovery and topic modeling to create an end-to-end predictive application. More importantly, using the availability of an API will make it easy to put this model into production, on stage, complete with a voice interface and a GUI. Learn Machine Learning and find a great home – all without paying expensive experts!”
Poul Petersen (@pejpgrep) is the Chief Infrastructure Officer at BigML. An Oregon native, he has an MS degree in Mathematics as well as BS degrees in Mathematics, Physics and Engineering Physics from Oregon State University. With 20 plus years of experience building scalable and fault-tolerant systems in data centers, Poul currently enjoys the benefits of programmatic infrastructure, hacking in python to run BigML with only a laptop and a cloud.
- Manuel -> Barriers To Accelerating The Training Of Artificial Neural Networks – A Systemic Perspective
- Ashutosh -> Conducting a Data Science Contest in Your Organization
- Poul -> From Zero to Machine Learning for Everyone
- Anna -> Your First NLP Machine Learning Project: Perks and Pitfalls of Unstructured Data
- Kaleo Ha’o -> Jump or Not to Jump: Solving Flappy Bird with Deep Reinforcement Learning
- Mary & Robert -> Eliminating Machine Bias & Getting from Machine Learning Outputs to Decisions… timely things!
- Kirsten & Rich -> Now, Kirsten Westeinde & Rich Jolly
- Jon & Amy -> Say Hello to Jon and Amy @ML4ALL!
- Igor & Carol -> More @ML4ALL Intros: Meet Igor & Carol! Also, the bike ride map!
- Clair & Ricky -> @ML4ALL Meet Clair J. Sullivan & Ricky Hennessy
- Paige & Suz -> ML4ALL Speakers – Meet Paige & Suz