Ok, so many of the conferences out there you’re going to get fed the company line. You’ll probably experience some odd behaviors and people pushing product on you. If you’ve got the same feeling about conferences as me, and you’d like to experience these things at a conference:
- A diverse audience of many different people from many different places.
- You’d like to talk to others that are passionate about the future direction of technology and what we can create with that technology!
- Listen and watch presenters provide insight to technology, ideas, and spaces that I don’t regularly get to hear about or discuss.
- Meet many new friends, build my cohort of coders, and learn from each other.
- Have a good time, relaxed, and not under the pressure of being sold things.
…then these conferences are for you. Seriously, I wouldn’t and won’t ever direct anybody to corporate conferences anymore except maybe in super rare occasions. The conferences to attend are the grassroots, community organized conferences like these two! There are too many other truly awesome conferences where the future is being discussed and made RIGHT NOW! There’s a few lined up that I’ll be attending and am currently working with as an organizer. Here’s the top two RIGHT NOW!