This is the 2nd post in a series of posts on OSCON 2019, the first is “OSCON: What it is.“.
Happy 5th Birthday to The New Stack
I tend to write a lot of articles, documentation, and all sorts of various things. It’s one of the many things I enjoy doing. A while back my friend Alex approached me and presented this new idea for a tech publication he was starting. He mentioned he’d love for me to put a few articles in if I were interested. I was, and over the next several months as the company got rolling I added a few articles to the mix!
- Node.js: An Enterprise Situation Report
- Inspecting Swift, Apple’s Gem of a New Programming Language
- The Psychotic Task of Measuring Developer Productivity
- A Brief Look at Immutable Infrastructure and Why it is Such a Quest
In those early days Alex started with all sorts of ideas about things to add to the medium beyond just articles. Over these last 5 years he’s worked diligently with a team of great writers, coders, and others to make those ideas happen! Here are a few of my favorite sections of The New Stack.
Podcasts – Of course there had to be a podcast the The New Stack right! Just recently there’s been some whiz bang awesome episodes. Check these out for a wide range of interesting tech topics.
- Dr Denise Gosnell who I am fortunate enough to work at DataStax with was recently on the podcast talking about “How Graph Databases are Changing Our Relationships with Data“.
- Serverless, Containers, and Application Operations which I was fortunate enough to join Alex to host with Erica Windisch as guest.
- How to Build Open Source Sustainability with Bryan Liles and Dan Kohn.
- The Evolution of the Site Reliability Engineer with Emil Stolarsky and Tammy “Buttons” Bütow.
Again, happy birthday to all at the The New Stack, hope OSCON was most excellent and awesome for y’all. Cheers!