In 2010 I made a few goals.
- Do more than one speaking engagement and attend a couple conferences.
- Look for new opportunities to get back into a truly strong development team as a team member, leader, or director of the
- Get involved in user groups and expand my presence in the software industry.
- Figure out which way I want to push forward into the year related to occupation, interests, and other facets.
Those were my goals. I’ve accomplished every one in excess. So what should I line up for this year? The grand year of 2011? Well this is what I’m thinking so far. As before, I’ll just see how far I can get…
- Somehow, in some way, get the tech more closely intertwined with my music. In other words, I need to get some things recorded ASAP this year. I’ve spent the better part of a decade completely avoiding this for absolutely ZERO good reasons.
- Work to get more conferences, more meetups, and organizations going in the Seattle area that actually have good presence in the social media & community space.
- Learn Ruby on Rails to the degree that I could be a fully productive team member, lead, director, or CTO of a company using Ruby on Rails Technology.
- Continue to provide whatever type of teaching, mentoring, leadership, or other involvement in the cloud computing space.
- Finish my book I’m writing on the Windows Azure Platform.
That’s what I’ve got so far. I might have to add some to that list. But for now, that looks solid enough. 🙂 Cheers, and happy new year!