I’ve worked more than a few projects in my career. One thing that I always find sorely missing throughout many Enterprises is a follow up report of what went well and what went wrong on a project. In other words a list of successes and a list of things to improve. With that in mind I’ve put together the following survey questionnaire for the end of a project. What other items might you add that you’d want to know?
- Is the overall project considered a success?
- What caused roadblocks or stoppages during the project?
- What caused excess work that was unnecessary?
- What processes could be avoided, added, or otherwise changed to streamline the day to day development and operations?
- What could management do to have made the project even easier to accomplish successfully?
- What could inidividual developers do to have made the project even easier to accomplish successfully?
- Were the tools needed to complete the project made easily available?
- Were access, work environment, and other physical assets provided in a timely manner to complete the project?
Please leave a comment or three about what you’d want to find out once a project is complete.