Recently a situation were I needed to pull out the dependency injection and inversion of control skills came up again. The need for loose coupling in so many projects is vital to these patterns. I was going to start writing an article, but then realized there are some really amazing ones out there. They point out the reason for Separation of Concerns (SoC), Loose Coupling of UI Components, Controller Independence (free from proprietary UI code). With that said, here’s some links;
- http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dependency_injection – Dependency Injection (DI)
- http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Inversion_of_Control – Inversion of Control (IoC)
- http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/magazine/cc337885.aspx – MSDN Article on these topics. Excellent read.
- http://www.code-magazine.com/Article.aspx?quickid=0705071 – Code Magazine Article written by Boodhoo – also an excellent read with great examples.
- http://martinfowler.com/articles/injection.html – Article on DI and IoC by the guru himself, Martin Fowler.