Recently I was talking to Jeff Martens of CPUsage about Hackathons. A few questions came up about what would make a hackathon fun, exciting and worth your time. Here’s a few questions, that I’d love to have a conversation about…
- What type of hacking would you or do you prefer to do at a Hackathon? Hardware Hacking? Software Hacking?
- How important are the prizes?
- What should the prizes or rewards be?
- How many people should attend that would actually make the Hackthon fun?
- Have you attended, and if so, what was the coolest thing about the hackathon to you?
- Are hackathons better as 1 day or 2 days or more?
- Should hackathons be during the week or the weekend?
…and as you can imagine, there’s a million other questions. What’s your take on hackathons? Got a few thoughts? Throw down a comment or two, much appreciation for your thoughts, next beer is on me! 😉