I’ll be attending OS Bridge (you should attend too, it’s only a few hundred bucks!!) this year. Hopefully I’ll be presenting also but I need everybody’s help! If you would, favorite (with the star) my presentations/workshops. Also leave a note of feedback related to how you’d dig seeing me present! (I’ll owe ya a beer, feel free to call me on it at OS Bridge and the round is on me!)
Presentation #1: Putting It Together, Letting Apps Lead the Cycle, TDD in the Cloud (Click Here to Favorite)
I’ll be taking a deep dive into cloud architectures and how to build applications, generally at the PaaS level mixed with a little IaaS, to get people rolling with high velocity, high quality, and without the need to worry about the little things.
Want to learn about why PaaS and cloud computing is altering the very fabric of the development cycle? Want to know how to dive in with some abstractions and behavioral practices on the cloud, using PaaS, to bring apps, prototypes, and UX to market faster than anyone else? I’ll be touching on all of these things during this long form session. The sessions will step through these core concepts and ideas.
- How to get up and running using cloud computing technologies and specifically to take advantage of PaaS providers.
- How to bring UX designs and prototypes into a usable state even faster.
- How to bridge that gap between development, test, QA, user acceptance testing, staging, and production (or whatever environments…) without blowing the bank.
- How to scale, once the cycle is in place and continuous deployment is ready.
Presentation #2: Removing the Operating System Barrier with Platform as a Service (Click Here to Favorite)
This session will cover the major advances of platform as a service technology, what’s available in the OSS space to enable faster, easier, higher quality software development cycles in the cloud. The session will complete with a demo of PAAS technology in use, deploying a highly scalable, distributed & dispersed web application.
This presentation will show why PAAS is the way of the future for application deployments. Enterprise, small business, and especially startups will want to learn more about the available PAAS OSS technology and also learn about what is coming in the near future.
This presentation will build upon my New Relic Blog Series on “Removing the Operating System Barrier with Platform as a Service”:
- Removing the Operating System Barrier with Platform as a Service (PaaS)
- Removing the Operating System Barrier with Platform as a Service (PaaS), Part 2
- NoOps, AppOps, DevOps, & More – Removing the OS Barrier with PaaS, Part 3.1
- Node.js, ASP.NET, & Sinatra, Rails, Java: The List Goes On, Removing the OS Barrier with PaaS Part 3.14159265
- Part 4: Cloud Foundry Architecture
- Part 5: The Finale of Removing the OS Barrier with PaaS